Graphics glitch on Firefox

Hi everyone,

Firefox produces an odd glitch on my project. Anyone seen this before? The black rectangles appear and then disappear after a second or so (I think after the animation has finished).

Any ideas?

Here’s the link
https://webflow.com/website/QuickOption-i723dr5v?s=qquickoption

Hello, anyone? :smiley:

It’s still there. Pretty frustrating.

Hi @bennyhagen, thanks for your post. In my testing on the site with Firefox, I am unable to see those black rectangles on Firefox version 36.0.1 for Mac. Could you let us know, what version of Firefox you are on, and what operating system you are using? I can run some further tests using the exact browser and os version.

p.s. here is a video of what I see in Firefox: http://quick.as/6xlpiq9qb

Cheers, Dave

I Dave,
I’m using Windows 8 and 36.0.1 too.

Thanks @bennyhagen, this might be a windows 8 quirk causing the behavior, I am going to go run a few tests. It seems to run ok with firefox on mac as shown in my video. I get back to you once I finish some tests :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

Hi @bennyhagen, see my video, I made this using Firefox 36.0.1 and Windows 8. It seems I am unable to reproduce the issue with the black boxes. My guess now, is that there is something about your PC locally that is causing the black boxes to show for you.

Can you let me know, what kind of computer you are using? What is the display size? I know it is frustrating, but I am here to help as much as I can :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

Hi,
Here are the full specifications of my pc. I use 2 screens set to 1920x1080. Does this help? :smiley:

Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise
OS Service Pack [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DirectX DirectX 11.1

Motherboard:
  CPU Type                                          QuadCore Intel Core i5-3570, 3800 MHz (38 x 100)
  Motherboard Name                                  Asus P8H77-M  (1 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
  Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Panther Point H77, Intel Ivy Bridge
  System Memory                                     [ TRIAL VERSION ]
  DIMM1: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3/4GX            4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM  (11-11-11-28 @ 800 MHz)  (10-10-10-27 @ 761 MHz)  (9-9-9-24 @ 685 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz)  (7-7-7-19 @ 533 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 457 MHz)
  DIMM3: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3/4GX            [ TRIAL VERSION ]
  BIOS Type                                         AMI (06/13/2013)
  Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM1)
  Communication Port                                Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
  Video Adapter                                     AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series  (2 GB)
  3D Accelerator                                    AMD Radeon HD 7850 (Pitcairn)
  Monitor                                           Asus VE228  [22" LCD]  (D6LMQS108967)
  Monitor                                           BenQ GW2250H (Digital)  [22" LCD]  (H8C06440019)

Hi thanks @bennyhagen, Could you try from a different computer to display your site, and see if you can view the same behavior using another computer? I do not see anything particularly strange about your computer. You might also check that there are no additional browser extensions or plugins running, or disable them one at a time, to see if any of them might be affecting the display. Let me know how it looks after checking that. Cheers, Dave :slight_smile:

Hello,

I just checked with my Debian 6 and Firefox 36.0.1.
Everthing o.k., perfect no glitch, nothing.
Maybe this helps.

Kind regards

Hi Dave,
Thanks for all the good support. It doesn’t seem to produce this glitch on any other computer but mine and here I also noticed it happening on sites like facebook. It has to do something with transitions, but it’s pretty mysterious, however, it’s just this PC now. The site I was working on is online and I haven’t had any complaints so far, so I’m just going to drop this issue. If at some point I notice the glitch disappearing, I will let you know what I changed.
Thanks again for the support!
Cheers,
Ben

Thanks @bennyhagen for the update :slight_smile: If I learn any new information, rest assured, I will notify you :slight_smile: