I had following problem:
- Google Tag Manager was wrapped in a div and therefore was not recording properly
- Google Analytics was been recorded twice and that was messing with Bounce rates etc…
What I did:
- Remove Google Tag Manager
- Remove the Classic Analytics code from the “Analytics” tab in the Page Settings
Suddenly everything appeared to be all good.
I re-added the Google Tag Manager code into an embed widget and added it as the first element of each page and now following issues appear to be happening:
- Google Analytics is tracking twice (no idea why?)
- GTM is not recording wrapped in div
Any plan on how I can fix this?