Google Invisible Recaptcha

Hey guys,

I’ve been trying, to no avail, to get Google’s new invisible Recaptcha to work on my custom Salesforce web-to-lead form.

I’ve followed the instructions given by google here and tried the various different methods. Either it validates but the form doesn’t submit, or the form submits without validating.

The badge also forces my button to the next line, and I would like the fields and button to stay in the same row.

I also would like the fields to be required, but for some reason it only requires the email field and not first or last name fields.

Website share link

Published site

Here is my current code using the simplest method given by google:

and inside the head tag:

I’ve tried the method using a separate div with javascript, and while that fixed my spacing issues, everything else went haywire. Any ideas?

Or, if you guys have any other suggestions to help stop spamming, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Hey @Waldo! My javascript guys have been looking into this but even they can’t get it to work. I know there is no built in server side integration built into Webflow - is that maybe where the problem lies?

I haven’t been able to find any solutions or evidence of other people getting it to work on the forums. I see you guys recommended creating a custom captcha with interactions etc, but I’m not sure that’s something we’d like to do.

Thanks so much.

This is correct. You cannot use Invisible reCAPTCHA with Webflow hosting.

@samliew That would do it… thanks so much for the response!

To be clear - can we use the regular reCaptcha with Webflow hosting? Other forums suggest not.

Is there really still no answer here? My client is wanting reCaptcha but I can’t figure out if it’s possible … they just want the “I’m not a robot” checkbox not the invisible one. Do you not need server side access for the checkbox one?

@outerwhitespace Seems like recaptcha also requires server-side validation.

Vote for this feature here: Captcha integration for forms | Webflow Wishlist

lol yeah I voted for the feature a while back. Still no status even assigned to it :-/

To Anna’s solution, I saw someone else mention that spam was still getting through using the checkbox method so I think while we have to use this workaround, it would be wise for all the incorrect checkboxes have a trigger function to also hide the Submit button while only the correct one is set to show it. I’m not exactly sure how these pesky lil bots works but just in case they have the ability to select all the checkboxes it would be an extra layer of security. Just a thought :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.