Google Indexing About Page First Not Home Page

Hello,

I’ve been trying to solve or at least understand why google is indexing my about page, instead of my home page first. Everytime I type in “Matthew Oliver” my about section is on the first page. Does it just go by impressions, is there a way to change this with how google crawls my website? Much help or guidance in the right direction would be appreciated.

Here is my personal portfolio page: http://matteoliver.com/
My Preview in webflow link: Webflow - My Portfolio Website

If you’re googling somebody by their name, it usually means you want to find out about someone. What better way for google than to show an About page.

Just out of interest, why do you need your name to show on the front page of Google? If they know your name, surely they already know you exist? :grin:

1 Like

To properly test Google search results, you have to do so in a private window. Otherwise it will show you results you visited before first.

1 Like

I suppose you are right sir. I guess it’s all a matter of perspective. I guess that’s not such a bad thing after all. I’ve just noticed when I’ll search on google for other designers it usually tends to go straight to their Home state. Regarding your second paragraph, I have no response to that haha, you make too much sense.

@samliew
Interesting, I am going to give that a go now! Thank you.