Google Auto Sign-in Feature

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to bring light to this small inconvenience I run into on Webflow all the time. I have two accounts, one personal and one for work, both of which use a gmail account as the login. Webflow automatically selects the last gmail address I used to login as soon as I select logout and go to log back in to my other account. It’s unbelievably frustrating. I either have to race to select ‘sign in with Google’ before it automatically does, or use incognito.

Maybe add a checkbox for this login feature?

If anyone knows of an easier work around lmk.

Jared

7 Likes

I experience the same issue regularly and it’s very frustrating. Forced re-login to a google account I just logged out of when attempting to switch accounts.

1 Like

It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying

Clear the browser cache and everything will be fine

Clearing the browser cache doesn’t solve the issue for me.

It’s very frustrating.

Same here, much frustrating, have 5 active accounts, why it is required to auto login at the first place & why no one is working on the details like this?

5 accounts, auto logins back, 10 times logout & in in a days, waste of time.

Is there any update on this? Incredibly frustrating.

I can’t login to my other account. I don’t see the point of this ‘feature’. Is there an update to switch off the auto login?

2 Likes

Alright so after trying a bunch of different things, I found that if I logged out and quickly closed the tab, I could open a WebFlow in a new tab and sign into the client account I wanted without the automatic sign-in triggering.

This issue is very annoying and the solution I found is just silly to have to do every time I need to switch accounts so I hope the WebFlow team can fix this. All it would take is just disabling the automatic sign-in or giving users the option to disable it themselves at least.

1 Like

Totally agree with you. It’s so annoying. I created a new profile in Chrome where I am not logged in into my Google Account that is connected with Webflow. But this can’t be the fix. Webflow, please let us decide which Account we want to use. I am working with so many different Webflow-Accounts. I don’t want to create a Chrome profile for each and switch Chrome-Profiles every single time.

1 Like

Oh wow, now I am not even able to login to any of my Accounts, getting a “429 Too Many Requests”. I think because I tried too many times to log out of my connected Google profile in Webflow to switch accounts.
Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-08 um 08.48.39

This issue seems to be fixed. Webflow no longer automatically logs into my Google account. Thank you Webflow-Team! :slight_smile: