Getting banned from AdSense due to site structure and content

Hey guys,

So I built a blog with Webflow and sent an application to Google AdSense for embedding ads onto the site. Google seems fine with the Content but they tell me that I tried to built a Site for Search Engines and not for users and that I seem to try to fool Google with SEO Hacks.

They also tell me that I have built some Sites with the same Content which is definitely not the case. I’m clearly unaware of SEO Hacks and everything in this scam scene. Is it possible that Webflow integrates some code that I’m unaware of, which causes these SEO Troubles?

Here’s my read only to check out the site: Webflow - Studentenstories

Thanks in advance.
David

Hi @davidk77!!

Thank you for contacting the community regarding getting banned from Google AdSense. From my experience, you can be banned for breaking ANY rule in their Terms of Service:

6. Termination, Suspension, and Entitlement to Further Payment

Google may at any time, without providing a warning or prior notice, temporarily suspend further payments on your Account, suspend or terminate the participation of any Property in the Services, or suspend or terminate your Account because of, among other reasons, invalid activity or your failure to otherwise fully comply with the AdSense Policies. Google can terminate your participation in the Services, and close your Account, if your Account remains inactive for a period of 6 or more consecutive months. If Google closes your Account due to inactivity, and the balance reflected in your Account equals or exceeds the applicable threshold, we will pay you that balance, subject to our payment provisions in Section 5. If Google closes your Account due to inactivity, you will not be prevented from submitting a new application to use the Services.

It’s rather unfortunate that they don’t provide a bit more context. This shouldn’t affect your SEO and Webflow does not in any way inject code that would cause SEO troubles as we’re big fans of building semantic, accessible and optimized sites. We are against any “black hat” SEO techniques at Webflow.

I looked through your site and noticed a number of SEO issues such as having more than one H1 on each page.

Be sure to only have one instance of an H1 on each of your pages (right now you have over 20 on your home page alone). This is a quick fix by simply changing those extra H1 tags to the appropriate tag. You may find this article helpful when it comes to deciding which heading tag to use on a heading.

I would recommend posting this question on the AdSense forum though to see what they may have pinged your site for exactly to avoid that behavior in the future: Search results - Google AdSense Help

Here is Webflow’s SEO Essentials guide to help better your Webflow hosted sites SEO as well: SEO and Webflow: the essential guide | Webflow Blog

We have a fundamentals course available on SEO for free here as well:

Please let me know if this is helpful or if you have any additional questions.

I’m happy to help further!