Streaming live at 10am (PST)

GDPR/CCPA Cookie Banner (non-ugly:)

I’ve been looking at the Legal Compliance Solutions for a cookie banner that is GDPR/CCPA compliant but all of them are not minimal and have a lot of copy in the banner. I really like the Elfsight Cookie Consent banner, however that’s all that it is - notifying the user that cookies are on the site.

I’m looking for a solution that is as minimal as the Elfsight Cookie Consent banner, but has the backing of GDPR/CCPA. The client is drafting up their own Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, so that’s not needed for this banner. For context, the site is using cookies on the age gate that’s installed at the custom code head level in project settings.

Has anyone used a company that actually looks good and doesn’t take away from the user experience? Would love to see what the community is using, thanks!

For clients that need to store consent I use Iubenda and am a partner. The forums had some nice posts about the solution from Finsweet so you might want to check that out. Finsweet Cookie Consent for Webflow

1 Like

Hey Jeff, thanks for taking the time to reply to this. I did see the Finsweet page as well, but I do like how the legal documents for GDPR and CCPA are automatically updated when the laws change when using Iubenda.

I signed up with Iubenda initially, as they were my first choice but after creating the banner it was a HUGE wall of text

Have you applied GDPR and CCPA to a banner that didn’t look this serious? lol

Depends on the legal requirements. In the advanced view you can provide your own HTML which is inserted where the banner text is displayed. I have paid accounts and can’t recall if you can access that without a plan. You only need CCPA if you meet the thresholds. I would not recommend flying on your own, rather refer to legal advice to not be potentially liable. IANAL and don’t offer legal advice.

I have the paid plan as well, and was looking at that feature - apparently they have to approve text changes, which makes sense. Thanks for your input! That is a great solution, however I am keeping this thread open to see if there are other responses from the community. Thanks again!

Hello @casen and thank you for your kind words regarding our widget!

We’re really sorry that we don’t have the solution you are looking for, however, we’d be so grateful if you could add this feature request to our wishlist - Cookie Consent | Feature Wishlist.

Or, you could request a new widget to support the features you need, we’ll be happy to consider this idea as well.

Thanks a lot, and if any help needed, feel welcome to contact us :slight_smile:

Regards,
Elfsight Team

Find helpful guides - Help Center
Stay tuned with updates - Facebook
Get to know our team - Instagram

Hi,

I have a no code popup tool recommendation for you.

You can effortlessly comply with cookie laws and avoid heavy fines by presenting a cookie consent popup on your website. You can customize it however you want.

Popupsmart is easy-to-use, which means you do not need to be a designer in order to create conversion-driven popup campaigns.

Let me show you how you create a Webflow Popup:

1. Sign up for Popupsmart.
  2. To create your first popup, install the embed code between the header tags of your websites. Moreover, you can easily place the embed code on your website via Google Tag Manager .

This is a one-time necessity, so you can use the same embed code for all your websites as well as all your future popup campaigns.
embed-code-popupsmart

1. After you are done with your design, connect your Popupsmart account with applications such as MailChimp and Zapier or with a Webhook on the Integrations Tab.

2. After completing the editing process, go to the “Publish Tab” and turn on Status toggle. Then, through the ‘Platform’ section, choose “Any Website” and copy the provided code to your clipboard.

1. Log in to your Webflow website admin panel.

2. Click “Custom Code” on your dashboard’s context menu.

3. Paste the popup code on your clipboard to the code area to display your popup on the entire website.

4. Then, click on “Save Changes.” If you would like to add your popup to just one page, switch to Designer mode.

5. Click on “Pages” and write the name of the page that you wish to display your popup on.

6. Scroll down and reach the “Inside Head Tag” under the “Custom Code” addition option.

7. Lastly, save changes and check if the popup appears properly.

There’s a 1 min video for the same process if you are lazy to read :slight_smile:

Good luck! :star: