Form submission does not send to shared mailbox

Hi there, my website is hosted at evio.com. I have a contact form at the bottom of the page which is supposed to send an email to an Outlook shared mailbox hello@evio.com. However, no email is received from the form. If someone emails hello@evio.com without using from the form I receive the email, so I know the mailbox is working. When I set the form to send to an individual user on our domain it works. The issue seems to be only with the form triggering an email to the shared mailbox. Can someone help?

Anna

Hi Anna!
We’re experiencing the issue exactly as you’ve describe it. If you happened to have solved this, would you please share your solution?

Depends on the solution you’re using for your shared inbox, however I’ve had issues before with Google’s setup and getting the settings right. It also tends to be stricter on what it identifies as spam, and can simply block messages without even telling you.

One thing you can do is have the notification emails go to a different standard email address, and then setup a rule to auto-forward them to the group inbox. It’s often more successful ( the group sees it as a legit message ), but also you can audit more easily what’s being received properly.

I want to add that I very rarely rely on Webflow’s form email notifications for business clients, there are too many points of failure. Email itself is unreliable, plus you’ve got Webflow’s spam filtering, the unsubscribe link problem. etc. If these messages are important consider an automation instead that sends them to slack, or a CRM like Pipedrive. Well worth the extra setup.