Form Confirmation Email

Hi,
How do I send my customers to submission receipt of their form on webflow? I get a confirmation and see what they submitted in my email - but I want them to also get a copy of this!
Please help!

• Michelle

Welcome to the community @Michelle_Pellerin!

You can add email recipients for the forum submissions by going to the Project Settings > Forms then comma-delimiting any additional addresses in the “Send form submissions to:” field:

Ex: primary@yoursite.com, secondary@yoursite.com

Do those settings work with a variable for the form senders email?

Is it possible to use the data from the form to send emails? Example: if Vendor A submits a form and Vendor B submits a form can you use variables to have Vendor A only receive their submission info rather than seeing Vendor B’s as well?

1 Like

I hope this will help you out:

Yea you can do this, but you’ll need to use a glue service like Integromat or Zapier. Instead of a variable, another way would be to create 2 scenarios/zaps and set each of them up with Webhooks. This will give you two urls. Use one for vendor A and the other for vendor B. Add each url to the form action fields (or to some custom code). Now the forms submit to each vendor. From there you can do what you need, send an email or whatever…

This really should be an out-of-the-box-feature in Webflow. Why not allow us to enter [Form-ID][“E-MAILFIELD”] in the “Send your submissions to:”

2 Likes

Two words. SPAM laws.
It’s why you’re restricted on who you can send emails to on behalf of Webflow.
It’s also why they have that annoying unsubscribe link problem.

Best option is to use a different form handler that has the ability for you to identify yourself, and to use your own domain name for the send. If you like API’s, Mailjet is good.

If you want a packaged solution, Basin offers a lot of notification features including “customer gets a copy.”