Folder redirection not working in staging?

Hi!

I have changed one of my collection slugs from /financial-insights/ITEM to /financial-lexicon/ITEM.

I then went into publishing to create the redirection with the capture group:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.50.43 AM

However, to test it out, if I publish to staging and try to access the orl URL, I get a 404.

Is this expected? Do I need to publish to my domain for the redirections to take effect?

If so, how would one test the redirections before going live??

Thanks!

Here is my site Read-Only:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/welcomespaces-io?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=welcomespaces-io&preview=7e7715701e3acf3d0b9d642112ce10d0&workflow=preview

do any redirects work or is just that one?

Hi Eric, a few things;

First, redirects work fine on staging, and your redirects are working well.
The 404 is because you don’t have any pages at /financial-lexicon/* to redirect to.
My guess is that you have the collection page inside of a folder, at /posts/financial-lexicon.

You probably want your redirect to be something like this;

/financial%-insights/(.*)/posts/financial-lexicon/%1

or this;

/posts/financial%-insights/(.*)/posts/financial-lexicon/%1

( double check my escaped characters )

However your site is also localized, so I suspect you’ll also need locale redirects;
something like this;

/fr/financial%-insights/(.*)/fr/posts/financial-lexicon/%1

Yes, /financial-lexicon was already in a folder /post/ and I did not want to change it. I did not think I had to specify it… but it does make sense. If I understand correctly, what I did is essentially redirect all items to domain.io/financial-insights/ITEM, right?

Thank you, I’ll try this.

1 Like

Thank you @memetican !

I see everything is working now. The redirects do work in Staging, I was surely overlooking something. Thanks for your help!

1 Like