F'in sweet CMS Library for Webflow!

Hey Caleb,

Yes, you can filter by multi-reference if you have a nested collection list. As long as the text is inside the collection item, it can filter by those values. Can’t do nested collection? Wait a week or two… we’re releasing a lightweight .nest() component.

Yes, works with dropdowns.

Please join our JS community if you have more questions - Sweet JS https://www.sweetjs.io/ . We can help with customizations!

2 Likes

Cheers, this looks useful, however I thought it was a library of CMS structures rather than a presentation layer. I hope the goal is not another subscription to do things that should be done on the platform…

Unrelated, but all this JS love makes me think of this little gem every time:

:smile:

1 Like

The goal is the exact opposite. We will never charge for F’in sweet CMS Library. It’s free for you to use for any project.

10 Likes

Fin sweet… you did an awesome job…

how do we get in touch with you if we have a project we want to discuss over the 30k level?

Send an email to projects@finsweet.com

Its awesome - the only one thing I noticed in the Filters section it looks like when I add 2 filters of type < select > < /select > and add elements to it. E.g. Boston, Kentucky it looks like it searched all over the collection elements. How to get it search only within specific field, e.g. location. For instance I am looking for Kentucky Fried Chicken in Kentucky and do not want to show it in Boston, NY etc

@Evgeniy Hey! The filter component looks for any matching text within the collection item. So yes, “Kentucky” would return “Kentucky Fried Chicken” as a result. We are considering making filter values specific to a class, but it’s not integrated yet. Check out https://sweetjs.io . We may be able to come with an add-on script for you that works for your build - or even start to build it in to the library itself!

1 Like

@Finsweet … When I combine 2 collection lists, it first show all items on one list, then the items from the other list.

Is there a way to sort the items from both (or more) collections?

@fonchifox - Good question! No, it’s not possible to use Webflow-native sorting features and sort both combined lists as 1 unit. Depending on what you’re sorting by, it may be possible when combined with the Sort component - and running the Sort component immediately on load. Head to Sweet JS and we’ll see if it’s possible

Oh, thanks. There I go.

@Finsweet You’re a effin’ G! :call_me_hand:t2:Thanks for constantly opening up and providing so many possibilities to this community.

1 Like

@mackshirilla - Thank YOU. We do everything we do for the community! We’ll be here if you need us

1 Like

Dear finsweet. I have an extremely important question: how to disable the ability to show ALL elements by default? In order not to load the site immediately. Imagine the situation: I have 360 ​​blog posts, a user visiting my site will see a huge number of posts and using the filter will be able to hide unnecessary posts, BUT how can I prevent all 360 posts from showing initially? It is very important. Help!

Hey @George_Ershov - you can set loadAll to false and only the first set of paginated items will show. Doing this won’t allow you to filter the unloaded items. Page 2, 3, 4, etc. of pagination pages won’t be filtered.

I understand you correctly that I can apply loadmore to this example: https://cmsdocs-howto.webflow.io/filter/example5
and can I paginate the pages? and will the filter work correctly? for example, by clicking on a filter (motion, as in your example), will I have a page on which motion is located?

@George_Ershov - Filter will only filter the items that are loaded on the page. If the items are not yet loaded, they will not be filtered in results

Hey @Finsweet ,
Thanks for providing this!

How would you make this type of sorting work with your library (see attached images)? Does your library accept other parameters?

Huge thanks mate!

@philippe - Awesome! We’d love to help with this. Go to https://sweetjs.io . One of our js devs should be able to help with this!

1 Like

Awesome! I did not know about this channel!

1 Like