Filtering Webflow in Google Analytics 4

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude Webflow from appearing in Google Analytics 4 reports? I attempted to exclude IP addresses, but it doesn’t work.

Thanks

I would also really like to know this. I am noticing that I have “Santa Clara” in mass quantities that hit my google analytics. It would be ideal to get rid of this, but I can’t seem to find anything about that. Is that the same for you?

Exactly the same, getting worse as the website grows and more edits, revisions, etc, take place.

I’ve seen a few solutions for the previous version of Google Analytics but nothing for GA4.

I just found this, I am thinking this should solve it. I guess it was taken away recently, which must be why we are confused:

If anyone from Webflow could confirm this it would be greatly appreciated!

Hopefully we don’t have to wait until July for this to be possible…

I’ve been entering the G4 measurement ID into the provided field under the Integrations settings. My sites previously used the G-tag manager method in custom code but I’ve removed these now that the field is available. Removing the G-tag manager code helped the performance score of my sites.

Hey Francisco,

After a long time researching, I believe I have found the solution to the issue. I have managed to stop receiving ghost visits from Santa Clara or any other Webflow server in Google Analytics 4 reports. IP exclusion doesn’t work since they are dynamic, and manually excluding Santa Clara in the filter option has never seemed very practical.

The solution in question is to enable explicit consent for analytics cookies directed to GA4, meaning, enabling a cookie consent banner where the user must explicitly consent. Since every time your website is published, there is no human to consent to these cookies through the banner; instead, it is a ghost visit or from an automated server without explicit consent, and that view is never counted.

My region belongs to the European Union, so enabling this cookie consent banner is strictly mandatory. Due to this, and incidentally, I noticed that the issue of Santa Clara visits was completely resolved.

If it serves as a solution, I have used a cloneable template in Webflow with Finsweet integration for creating this cookie banner. I hope this helps you :blush: