Filtering CMS based on Geolocation and ZIP Search

I’m building a marketplace project and looking to get some paid freelance help.

I’m got a large webflow CMS of listings that need to be searchable e.g. ‘here are the listings within 10 miles of your ZIP Code search.’ Likely using either Google Maps or the Mapbox API.

We’re also using geotargetly for a few things and looking to also display ‘listings near me’ pulling in their ip / lat/long on the home page.

Can anyone help?

Hi Cameron,
If you are still looking out for some help, feel free to reach out to me as this is well within my area of expertise.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

1 Like

Hi,

I also have an extensive Webflow CMS and would like to present the closest 3 CMS items to the users location. Was a solution found for this problem?? I would prefer not to use a third party like geotargetly, but instead use code to work with the CMS items.

Jake

Hey @JakeP

I have a resource you might find interesting. Was used to build this here: Location Finder | Find Your Nearest JAE Branch | JAE

I can provide you with the code if you are interested. This uses a JS library, Turf, to pinpoint a location inside of a polygon.

Might be of some help.

4 Likes

I would be really interested in learning more and looking at that code Drew.

I would also be interested in looking at the code if you don’t mind.

Just sent you a message @Travis_Godec . :+1:

Hi Drew,

Is this code still available, please?

Just considering it for a current project.

Thanks

Awesome! I am hoping you can share the code with us. Thank you :pray:

Hello,there
Hope you are doing well
our expert team of developer will surely help you out with your requirement and provide you best solution at affordable prices and within the deadline .
Let’s connect and discuss in detail.
waiting for your reply

Email:srishti.2ibrinfotech@gmail.com
+916264003450

Hi Drew, is this code still available? It would be really useful for my site.

Hello,
I’ve found a solution to this. This is currently using javascript as a solution that would filter cms items based on the closest zip code to that user. This currently doesn’t have a map function but that could be added to this as a base.

Right now if you visit finditcommercial.com it will ask you for a category and automatically grab your zip code. If the user visits the category page directly it will then attempt again to grab the zip from the user or it will wait for an input to start the filtering process. This code also has a calculation going on of how many miles away from the zip code it is being used. As you can see here it is looking for the collection list class, the class for the postal code, etc. Right now there is a cap of 200 miles away from the zip code to not show, with a cap of 20 items to show and a load more function that would allow other items to show if there’s more than 20 items within that 200 mile radius. Things can be adjusted or configured from here.

If you need assistance with any project contact us - hello@digitalsolutions.dev

Hi Cameron,
Hope you are doing well
Having reviewed your requirement,We would love to assist you with the same.

Looking forward hearing back from you
Thanks
Srishti
Email:srishti.2ibrinfotech@gmail.com