File select form element

Hi guys,
it would be nice to add file-select form element.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi jhotujec,

Thanks for the request. I can submit this to my developer team for consideration. :slight_smile: In the meantime, can you help us by adding some context to your request, usage ideas, etc. More conversation around the topic will help us when adding new features.

Will

Since Webflow doesn’t allow file uploads it could be more as a object to design a template. I often use the trick to move a input element somewhere outside of the form to use it as a search bar or something. Adding an object like this could be helpful with design itself.

@bartekkustra great point about using it outside of form blocks for templating purposes.

1 Like

Thanks for fast reply @thewonglv .

Well, its really just for design process. I understand that there is not point in actualy uploading a file to Webflow. Just something like a form element with success and error states would be more than enough for me :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!
Cheers

hi, I have the same problam but I didnt understand what was your solution.
for example, i’m working with architects and i want them to send me drawing with the contact form.

how can I do that?

thanks.

Hi @superbar, you could use jotform.com they have file upload option on their forms and the basic plan is free to use, just embed the code into Webflow :grinning:

1 Like