Feeling on the new Webflow UI

Same here… the small font and the harshness of the black/white contrast make designing and entering content a not very pleasant experience. These should be simple things for Webflow to fix!

3 Likes

@AdvocateSiteMaker I hear you, and know that the team is indeed taking a look at what can be done to improve the designer without any workarounds.

Arc is simply an option that I personally have seen community members use and something that I know could help to ease some of the comments in the meantime. I totally understand that this is not a native solution nor is something that I would recommend as a long-term solution and appreciate your candor either way :pray:

Hey @TomK — thank you for this breakdown.

Speaking on behalf of the team, we agree that there are lessons learned about rolling out changes like these in the future. Ideally we would have created an option to opt-in, however due to many of the new features we released around Webflow Conf we were unable to provide this option. That said, I assure you the team is working around the clock to ship improvements and updates to the UI, especially patches that address many of the issues raised in our forum and other channels.

I appreciate your patience in the meantime and the time it took to write out this feedback :pray:

1 Like

Yeah nah.
98% about to finish a major site = 9 months build. I need to make final tweeks and this has just added major break down for me.
There was NOTHING WRONG with the previous color / gradient methodolgy. if it aint broke, dont fix please please revert or at least give the users the option to opt in / out.
oh and BTW, the UI font size is too small for us geriatric web devs.

5 Likes

Clearly WF needs to pull an finger out and impliment either a rollback or an optin.opt out for the rollback. Sorry guys, been a WF fan boy since 2017 and had hoped to commence another project soon but really i may as well look at using the Figma to WP plugin or head over to Framer.
This really is starting to look like a ‘Bud light’ moment.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Broken API after UI update

A dreadful update. Specifically the UX/UI.

Moving fundamental buttons, functions, features etc it feels like a completely different application.
All the years singing the praise of Webflow and trying to champion it gone down the drain.
I’m used to Adobe making updates to software, been using it for over 20 years since a young teen. Sometimes a small thing changes and it’s a bit annoying, but you get used to it and realise its value. This webflow update is NOT that.

I find myself not wanting to use it at all.

Massive lack of foresight from what was such a forward-thinking company.

I do not understand the rationale for ‘fixing’ something that was not broken.

AND! The new logo and glow effects feel like a bad vision of the future from the 90s. Sly Stallone used more sophisticated interfaces in the film Demolition Man.

Bonkers.

7 Likes

Thanks for the laugh!

2 Likes

Gotta agree here. Its been an ongoing grievance for me. Webflow seems to be prioritising all the wrong things, rather than providing all the basics our clients demand of a website in the 2020s. Nesting Limts and CMS Sliders are two great examples from @ConnectCreativeDes . I’d also add greater flexibility in displaying Tax’s (net/gross) for B2B and B2C ecommerce customers. Having a far better CMS Editor that looks more like your page. Resolving the Webflow+Grammarly bug. Fixing the Partnerstack collaboration.

4 Likes

Hi @andrew123123 - this was predominately a UI change however there were some backend updates for scalability.

Do you mind sending over a ticket to support.webflow.com and pinging me when done so I can help to expedite? Our team should be able to help with any issues you’re having there.

I keep cursing at webflow on that exact same colour stuff every 5 min its so infuriating!

3 Likes

I see the community feels alike… I too am not a fan of the new UI changes… Especially the Undo & Redo buttons being hidden 2 clicks away…

So I rebuilt the Undo & Redo Buttons, you can get it back as well through AidKit for Webflow, a chrome extension for webflow developers…

I am working on also bringing back the old designer look… that feature will be coming soon

4 Likes

The hero we don’t deserve… kinda sad that you’re addressing these issues as a Concerned Citizen before Webflow does.

5 Likes

I get the feeling Webflow has no plans to address these issues. They’re just waiting for us to shut up about it.

2 Likes

UPDATE: :wave:
Hey everyone, we would like to update you on how Webflow is handling your concerns and feedback around the new user interface.

Over the last couple weeks the team has been actively exploring refinements to the new UI including conducting user interviews with a diverse set of customers ranging from those who like the changes and those that are having issue with it (including some people from this thread).

Our goal is to iteratively ship UI improvements based on your feedback and the interviews, we are prioritizing shipping improvements around color and contrast by the end of the year. This timeline gives our team the time needed to assure the changes don’t have any unintended affects on the current UI or features in development.

We’re far from done making improvements and will continue reaching out to community members to gather ongoing feedback and referencing this thread as we progress.

Thank you all again for the candid feedback as it has been invaluable in influencing our design explorations. We are urgently taking steps to enhance the areas that have been highlighted and will continue these refinements in close partnership with the community.

More updates to come.

2 Likes

Hey @AdvocateSiteMaker — we didn’t forget about this thread. I can confidently say that we’ll be continuing to listen to feedback, iterate, and ship updates to our UI now and well into the future.

Our goal is to iteratively ship UI improvements based on your feedback and the interviews, we are prioritizing shipping improvements around color and contrast by the end of the year. This timeline gives our team the time needed to assure the changes don’t have any unintended affects on the current UI or features in development.

We’re far from done making improvements and will continue reaching out to community members to gather ongoing feedback and referencing this thread as we progress.

3 Likes

And what prevented you from informing your users of the upcoming change. Doing basic due diligence. You know. Pretending like you care about your users?

2 Likes

I’d like to go back to the good old days when Webflow used to add exciting and useful features on a regular basis. So many half finished ‘core’ features now, it’s really depressing. Please stop wasting money on new branding and go back to your roots :frowning:

2 Likes

Can we vote somewhere on this new design? Is Webflow even listening?

The new changes have made the interface so very hard to use, period.

I understand resistance to change but this is Not an improvement. The high contrast makes it very difficult to design. As a designer I don’t want the interface of my tool to compete with my own creations. And this usability deterioration that identifies as an improvement is as this forum topic has shown, just the tip of the iceberg.

Why would updating the Webflow designer interface to be more stylish rather than more usable even be on a dev team’s list of priorities?

Why ‘fix’ something that was not at all broken.

The way this was rolled out, without warning, without an option to use legacy interface seems to have created a permanent dent in the confidence with your users.

3 Likes

Yeah, contrast is veeeery high😐 And the workspace doesn’t feel as cozy and homey as it did with the previous color theme…

Perhaps it’s a matter of habit, but still, I feel like there is some kind of pressure from the current color scheme. Also I noticed on my own that I started spending less time in Webflow than I did before the introduction of the new color theme…

The comment concerns only the color theme, otherwise the new interface looks convenient💪

3 Likes