Feedback on the old structure of Webflow plans

I think I have a good idea of what webflow is meant for now. I’ve been trying to make webflow to do what it isn’t meant to do.

Welcome to the discussion Jimmy. Can you elaborate what you mean?

Hi All,

I see this topic is quite old. Looks like webflow do not pay too much attention. I was directed here by ‘help’ when I made an enquiry today.

I am not a web designer nor an agency. I am a small startup that wants to take control and adjust to feedback from what I get from clients. If I am to rely on a designer and developer - well … I better be careful what I say here.

The point is - I do not think webflow have realised that there might be a growing number of people like me that need this kind of tool. If anyone suggest that we should go and learn code - well- they are not on this planet - not for a startup. We do everything - code is not on the ‘menu’!

The notion of a blog and the ability to host with data (I might not be talking the correct language) - what I mean is the ability to have files that people can download from the website - this is something that is a growing trend and we need to engage with clients. Webflow do not seem to offer this type of hosting.

The other issue is price in US$. For the rather very large world outside the US - this becomes expensive - the exchange rates are very often agains us.

Sorry - I am all over the place here - the other issue related to startups- we probably only need this service - to create the website - then to tweak it as we learn from our customers. The engagement is 4 -5 times. The price becomes very hefty when you consider all these factors. If we had tons of money - well, we could employ someone full-time - webflow would not be of interest to us. The point then is -as an ‘ethical caring growing smart business’ how should webflow position itself? I hope they would not want to be seen as being greedy. Yes, we do want them to be around to do the good work, but good work attracts customers.

There is also the factor - you look after me and I will be an evangelist - people are loyal if treated with care - I hope :smile:

I know this is long - but I do think there should be a plan that caters for startups - help them with their needs. Once we are in - it will be too much effort to leave - we will stay, hopefully for a long time. The value this tool has for us is very different if compared to a designer.

I apologise for my English - but no one would understand if I were to write in my own language.

1 Like

Most of your concerns will be addressed in the upcoming webflow CMS

This entire post hits on too many targets.

It would be easier to individualize the needs into separate posts.

This post is more like “buck-shot”. It covers too many things without really addressing anything.

As a coder and self-host… I have no (real) need for a cms… until the cms is an engine I can self host and utilize as an api.

I am on the Pro Plan… and I need the ability archive and import websites.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.