Feedback or questions on this?

Please comment below :point_down:

3 Likes

This is great Barrett and I am impressed we only have to republish to implement!

Collection lists have list attributes which is great. I am wondering if we need semantic html

• for collection lists. I am learning about accessibility so I guess i need to read up on roles and how they work with markup?!

Thanks

• Hey @HammerOz :wave:

For situations where a semantic list or <ul> can’t be used, ARIA Roles are a great way to make non-list elements be read as a list by screen readers. This enables the total number of items in a list is announced as well as which number the current item is in that list. It even works for nested collection lists!

Before the addition of roles for CMS lists and items, only the text itself would have been announced by a screen reader without any context of a list. Now all of our dynamic CMS lists and items are accessible to more users!

1 Like

Cheers Matt, Good to know!

1 Like

Working on a site based on the free startups template provided by Webflow.

Neither the dropdowns that I can pull in from Elements nor the styled dropdown menus included with the template seem to be keyboard accessible. They do not open to enter or space. Futzing with ARIA tags is not fixing things.

What am I missing?

Hey @DATHATHeather

The dropdown and navbar menu toggles should both be accessible via spacebar and enter when focused by the keyboard. Please share your Read-Only link and/or a screen recording so that we can better understand what you’re seeing. Hope to hear back from you.

Cheers,
    —Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Tyvm for the speedy reply. The issue seems to have resolved itself on https://www.sohl.party/. I’ll ping again if it pops back up.

• H
    1 Like

Hey @matthewpmunger
    Is it possible to remove the list role from CMS lists?