Exported Site Form Error "Oops! This page has improperly configured forms. Please contact your website administrator to fix this issue."

Hello,

I exported my site and whenever I visit any page (on my exported site), that has a form in it, an error alert pops up with the message: “Oops! This page has improperly configured forms. Please contact your website administrator to fix this issue.”

I don’t want to use Webflow for the forms. How can I get rid of this error?

I have found where this error is defined in the webflow js file, but I would rather not edit that file raw.

Thank you for your help!

You will need to use a third party form processor on exported sites. The form action will need to change.

Here is a list of third-party form tools you can use.

No, I will process the forms myself.

No form actions have been set yet. (the action attribute of the forms are empty as of now)

Once you populate this the error should resolve itself. When you get to that step and you are having issues, come back and we might be able to help.

What if I don’t use action? I will handle the form submissions over ajax and will prevent the default submit action.

Share the exported site URL and someone might be able to take a look.

You can manipulate the DOM using jQuery and add an empty action if forms don’t have it already:

// Default actions for forms.
$('form').each(function() {
    if (!$(this).is('[action]')) {
        $(this).attr('action', '/');
    }
});