Expand the connection between cms and designer with these additional features and binding capabilities

hey guys. hey @waldo.
webflow in its current state is extraordinary. but as a long time customer i am always thinking about how to improve it. in my opinion we need to expand the connection between the cms and the designer. the possibilities are endless. but we are only scratching the surface.

1. colors:
    i want to use a cms color in every color field in the designer. not only for text border and background color. you could do so much more. create a gradient with cms colors. define a custom hover color with cms colors. define a shadow color with cms colors. …

2. numbers:
    i want to use a cms number field in every number field in the designer. also in the interactions panel. you could let the client decide how many text columns he wants. let the client control paddings. or let the client decide on animation lengths or initial appearances. …

3. switches:
    i want to use a cms switch for every button in the designer. you could let the client decide if a text is aligned left, right or centered. or maybe capitalised.

4. options:
    i want to use a cms option for every option panel in the designer. you could let the client decide on text weights. or let the client decide between a few selected fonts.

a few of these options should also be available in the custom code area. you could create such huge things with it. with all these options we as designers could really build a custom cms for our clients needs. also templates could be sold with only a contributor login. no access to the designer. no confusion. all the options are in the cms. and we can decide which ones.

think about it.
jaro.
:sunny: