Exclude Webflows IP in Analytics

Hey,
there was already a post about this but there was also no solution so:

I would like to filter Webflows IP Adress in Google Analytics because evertime I republish my site in the designer, there is a visit from Arnheim, America. This is proabably Webflow and this effects my data negatively. Does anyone know what Webflows IP adress is, so I can filter the Webflow traffic out?

Thanks already, Laura

1 Like

Did you find a solution?

I did a basic scan on Webflow.com and got this:

Filter these and see if that visit goes away.

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

I ended up doing it via the browser using the value “Webflow 1.0 - Site Screenshot”, I’ll try the IP’s should that fail. Cheers.

3 Likes

Update – browser isolation seems to work fine.

1 Like

Awesome! I´m going to try these. Thank you.

Is it not webflow.io that you’d want to use by the way? – 107.23.113.75

Nope! I only publish on the custom domain.

Was looking all over for solution on how to block those “views” from ashburn / Webflow 1.0…
Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks @alexdixon for this. It’s the only answer I could find on the web.

1 Like

No worries, it’s still the same solution I use today :+1:

Use a filter to exclude a city, for webflow it’s Santa Clara.

Unless Santa Clara is a hub for your audience, excluding all your publishing hits from traffic will give you more accurate results, even if there’s a few actual users in that city.

yeah i was so happy that someone is checking my portfolio site from Santa Clara as there is company I would like to get hired to but after a while it became suspicious it always shows up when I publish :smiley: :cry:

Thanks for the tip. How did you do this in Analytics G4? Couldn’t seem to find it.

Bringing this into 2021 - there is no filter using G4 unfortunately and I can’t figure out how we can filter out by browser. Only by IP address we can do through Data Stream. Any further knowledge how we can remove user agent through browser in G4?
I’ll ask this again through a new post perhaps.

I suggest a review of this document => [GA4] Data filters - Analytics Help

After a long time researching, I believe I have found the solution to the issue. I have managed to stop receiving ghost visits from Santa Clara, Arnheim or any other Webflow server in Google Analytics 4 reports. IP exclusion doesn’t work since they are dynamic, and manually excluding Santa Clara in the filter option has never seemed very practical.

The solution in question is to enable explicit consent for analytics cookies directed to GA4, meaning, enabling a cookie consent banner where the user must explicitly consent. Since every time your website is published, there is no human to consent to these cookies through the banner; instead, it is a ghost visit or from an automated server without explicit consent, and that view is never counted.

My region belongs to the European Union, so enabling this cookie consent banner is strictly mandatory. Due to this, and incidentally, I noticed that the issue of Webflow servers visits was completely resolved.

If it serves as a solution, I have used a cloneable template in Webflow with Finsweet integration for creating this cookie banner. I hope this helps you😊