Error message - "This move action does not have a value applied"

Hello,

I’m currently trying to do an animation with scroll over a couple of png pictures in a section. I’ve followed several different tutorials, but always end up with the same error message.

“This move action does not have a value applied. Configure the action with at least one value. You can configure it below this list.”

When I try live preview and scroll down once and then try to scroll up again, it also doesn’t reach 0%. It often ends up at 20 or 40%. Can’t for the life of me get it to work.

Any idea how to get this to work?

Share link: Webflow - Felix's Radical Site

It’s probably because you’ve left the values at default as shown below:

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 3.42.49 PM

Even though it has a “1” in the input, it registers as no value set. So, if you want to start the scale at the element’s original size, set the X or Y value to “1”.

Thank you! Managed to get the animation working. I used margin to position the text where I wanted it to be. The title and paragraf never aligned so I instead tried putting them both in a Div, which worked for most desktop screens. But on 1920 the Div with the text is simply not showing. I’ve tried reading other posts about it but I can’t understand how to fix it. Also if there’s any better way positioning them, using a div or not, please let me know.

Another problem that is occurring on all different screen sizes is that the animation doesn’t start at 0% and end at 100%. On most of them it starts at 27% and finishes at 97%, on 1920 it for some reason only starts at 83% and ends at 92% which makes it impossible to scroll through the whole animation.

There’s a couple of things to look out for:

• Your nav is fixed, so it sits on top not of your hero not next to it. This means there’s about 100 pixels that’s being covered by your nav. If you’re going to keep the nav fixed, you’ll need to add margin or padding to the top of your hero.
  • I would delete the larger breakpoints. For a small site, you won’t need that. It just complicates things for the design. If you want to keep them, then I would remove custom styling for those breakpoints, and use relative scaling like vw and vh.
  • The animation percent can be tricky because there’s a lot that can affect it. It’s not necessarily bad if the animation starts at something other than 1%. You just need to adjust the timing accordingly.