Error message: “Site migration failed, please contact support.”

I keep getting this error message when I start up Webflow: “Site migration failed, please contact support.”

I can’t tell that anything else is wrong when the dashboard or project comes up, though.

1 Like

Hi @MarkBult.

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m happy to help figure this out for you! I’ll be asking a few questions to help troubleshoot the issue.

1. Does this happen on all sites, or just specific ones?
  2. Does this happen in all browsers, or just specific ones?
  3. Can you reproduce this in Incognito Mode with your browser extensions turned off?
  4. Would you be able to take a screenshot of the above if you can reproduce in Incognito mode?
  5. Could you include your Share Link in future posts so we can diagnose issues more quickly?

I’ll be standing by for your reply. Thanks in advance for your patience!

1. I’ve only got 1 site.
  2. Safari Version 11.0 (12604.1.38.1.7). Haven’t tried Chrome for awhile because some process in Webflow eventually takes over all the CPUs and grinds the tab to a near-halt (separate issue).
  3. Don’t know, but I’ll try that next time (didn’t get the error today when I started browser — seems I get it about 80-90% of the time).

@Andrew Following up:

1. It happened again yesterday and today:
  2. Share link: Webflow - Coalition Marketing Site

same thing here

1 Like

Yeah I should note that when I click the “Close” links pictured in the screenshots, it loads the project fine (as far as I can tell).

I just received this message when logging into Designer on Chrome.
Most things looked okay, but I’m not sure why my data is ‘migrating’ but perhaps it’s a catchall term.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up, and I’m happy to hear that your projects are still able to load.

If this continues to be an issue, I’ll definitely be here to answer any future questions on it in this thread. It’s difficult to reproduce or isolate variables from the information we currently have, but I’ll keep an eye out for any other reports as well.

In the meantime, thanks for your patience, and I’ll be here if you continue to experience issues with this!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.