Error Message 404 on "Under Construction" Home Page

Hi,

I made a temporary “under construction” home page and set it as my home page. I published the site, but when I click on my website, it just says “404 error page” and not the under construction home page I have. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

-Olivia

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wick-b1b660?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=wick-b1b660&preview=843e3b48937dc6cc2473d270f6f9707e&workflow=preview

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for your post. Usually if you get a 404 page not found error on the home page, it is good to make sure the domains for your site are all connected.

The issues detected for the custom domains is shown on the hosting tab of project settings.

The next step would be to check and update the DNS records on the domain(s) to point the DNS records at the correct servers.

The root domain (without www, like example.com) should have these two A-records:

Type: A
Name: @
Value: 75.2.70.75

Type: A
Name: @
Value: 99.83.190.102

The WWW subdomain should have a CNAME record and should use the following values:

Type: CNAME
Name: WWW
Value: proxy-ssl.webflow.com

You will need to add a WWW domain and Root domain without WWW on the hosting tab of project settings.

After DNS changes are made, got to the hosting tab of project settings, set the
WWW domain as the default domain and then Publish your project.

I hope this helps