Empty state message won't appear on the page when there is no entry in CMS

Hello!

I am creating a simple event page, where I have two categories for events past & upcoming as I am using one collection across the different sections on the website.

I created a section for upcoming events and currently there are not upcoming events in the collectiom just past. However, when I publish the page, the empty state design won’t appear. And it’s just empty.

When it should look like this

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Here is my public share link: [LINK][1]

Hi @Selmira, the empty state didn’t show up because you have active & published items in your CMS :). If you didnt intend to publish this and want the empty state to show up, perhaps you can archive them for the time being.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 23.16.55

Hey! Thanks a lot for the checking.

Yes I do have published items with the status “past”, but the section is intended for events with “upcoming” status only, which I don’t have published.

I created this by adding an option field and creating a condition for specific section.

My assumption is, that since I created a condition, then it should be showing an empty state if there is no upcoming event with “upcoming” option selected.

But for some reason it is not working.

Ok! So for anyone looking into this thread I just did setup a condition one more time and it works. It was probably a bug :).

1 Like