Embed Discourse forum with iframe

I want to replicate Webflow’s forum setup. I thought it would be quite a simple exercise to embed discourse into a page. With navbar on top, add section, div block, embed html.

In html code editor I put in:
<iframe src="https://forum.mysite.com/" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

forum.mysite.com being the discourse forum.

I published it. Error I see on the published page is “forum.mysite.com refused to connect.”

What am I missing? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks for the help in advance.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

[status-bydesign]

You can’t load it via iframe.

That is unfortunate (and disappointing).

How does webflow accomplish this? Is there a simple work around?

I’m just trying to do something similar to create a more integrated look/effect.

Webflow basically points the “forum” subdomain of webflow.com (forum.webflow.com) to a different server which is hosting discourse.

Here’s how to point a subdomain to a different server.

@samliew maybe I am missing your point. Right now my forum (forum.[site].com) is a discourse forum and hosted at a discourse server. I want my discourse forum to have the same overall look/feel as my main site. All I want to do is put a navbar at the top of my discourse forum with the same look/feel as my main site (also allows my user to get back to main site by clicking on navbar). However, as far as I know, discourse doesn’t allow customization/adding of navbar (or at least not in a non-technical way).

So the solution I thought of is to embed my discourse forum into my webflow site via iframe. But as you pointed out, I can’t load discourse with iframe.

So my question is, how can I achieve what I described? How did webflow put their own navbar/menu on top of a discourse forum?

I apologize if I completely missed your point. Just trying to figure out a solution. Thanks.

Ah, Webflow inserted their own HTML code and script/styles via a header customization setting on Discourse itself.

Here’s a thread explaining how to insert custom code into Discourse

Got it. Was hoping there wan a non-coding way to do it. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the help. Now I actually have to get my hands dirty.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.