Elements from old (deleted) site still visible in search results

Hello everyone,

I recently published my new coming soon page using Webflow Hosting.

I deleted my old (Wix) site last Friday. The problem is that some elements like the favicon, meta description etc are still visible in search results, but when you click the link you see te new site.

I’ve already submitted a link for removal in Google Search Console.

I was just wondering how I should approach this next time I publish a site so indexing etc happens properly.

I’d also like to add that I’m not an expert in this field so I’m really looking for opinions on this subject.

Thanks in advance

Nicolas Stockmans

Google has some good resources on what to do for site migrations. See → Site Moves and Migrations | Google Search Central  |  Documentation  |  Google for Developers

1 Like

@webdev

Thanks alot for those resources! Reading through them as we speak.

Do you have any idea or experience with moving your site and changing from hosting provider? I’d like this process to be as smooth as possible.

My current approach would be to activate Webflow Hosting, editing my DNS records and publishing. Then, once the new site is visible, deleting my old Wix site.
I’ll probably keep the same meta titles & descriptions in the beginning and change them later on to more specific/better ones.

There will probably be some changes in the URL since the new site will be multilingual but I’m still figuring that out.

Any input what you think of it or how you would do it differently?

Thanks again & kind regards.