Editor bugs: links in Chrome, Large Photos, White indent while editing

Hey there.

I’m constantly encountering and error when adding links in Rich Text block via the Editor in Google Chrome. The links are created, but then when I publish and check the site they are not clickable. So I should go and log in to editor and Safari to fix it each time. And when I do so, all the links are there, I just click on the link once, then click on a confirm tick and re-publish and it starts working.
It is really annoying and sometimes I forget and screw things up unfortunately! In Safari on the contrary while being in editor and clicking the link to check it - three tabs with same link is being opened every time.
P.S: I.m Logging to editor via Webflow dashboard, not through separate editor account.

Another bug is when I’m trying to attach large photos - Webflow just shows red circle very quick and the photo disappears without any notification to the user. I’ve noticed it happens with photos larger than 5 MB but also with some small jpeg photos as well ( maybe depends on compression type) . On top of that the photo disappears but sometimes it places a blank dull grey box at the top of the rich text and it goes unnoticed. I really wish these bugs are eliminated and then Webflow will show suggestions like: your image is too large etc. I’ve replicated this error in the video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S4E859g0NoOEFEWHptZl9PTXc/view?usp=sharing

And lastly when editor is logged in there is an indentation appearing at the top of the site, and some clients think they have broken it and trying to pull the hero photo back to the top.
Shown here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S4E859g0NoM3huY3RUWmFGVGM/view?usp=sharing

Couple of my clients are already not happy with all these errors, and I think it is essential.

Wishlist part

Not even saying that Rich text editor must support text centring and all the other things that Wordpress editor allows to do.

A back arrow button to revert changes in editor is a must have.

And also a publish button should change it’s state to save when settings are unsaved and then turn back to publish. Or a separate save button.
Currently it is very unclear what is going on when editing is done because auto save is only happening when I’m clicking other paragraph or image, i.e. only when I quit currently edited block and that is very confusing. If I just want to add coma in the text I hover over the area, enter the symbol and then I should somehow understand to click outside of the box to get the autosave or try to click on green “published” button which then triggers autosave and changes the button to “Publish”, very confusing for my clients as well.

Hi @radmitry, thanks for your report about the issues, it sounds strange for sure, I am happy to take a look.

On the links issue and the margin showing when the editor is open, could you share the read-only link to the sites in question?

Also, can you please try the following:

(1) Make sure that latest version of Google Chrome is installed.

(2) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(3) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

Kind regards,

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for looking in :slight_smile:

I’ve replicated the link error in this video in incognito mode with latest Chrome version and extensions turned off. Please take a look https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S4E859g0NoRnVLVHZENTRhaEE/view?usp=sharing

Addition: I’ve noticed it is happening even if I’ll just edit anything on the page (on the page itself, not through the collections bar at the bottom) not even touching the links and publish it, the link also stop working

And here is my console

Hi @radmitry, thanks so much for the helpful video. I have temporarily ulisted this report as there are a number of issues being reported and I am checking in to each one.

The behavior is definitely strange for sure and I am investigating this. As soon as I have more info on this, I will get back to you immediately.

1 Like

hi @radmitry, just wanted to let you know these issues still being looked at, I will get back to you as quickly as possible with an update.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.