Editing Symbol Master - Popup modal

Hello.

Does anybody know if there’s a way to minimise or hide the warning graphic that pops up in the UI when editing a symbol element? It’s obscuring the thing I’m trying to edit.

A bit frustrating.

Thanks
Will

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Aaah, I see that if could be problematic for footer elements indeed.

One workaround : by essence, symbols are in sync, so what I often do for conveniency is that I create a dashboard page for myself where I lay over all the symbols in use. And I edit their content from this page when I need it. So you can place an instance of your symbol anywhere in the page or on a new page and edit it from there. I reckon that this is only a workaround, but it works.

I’ll try to pass on this issue to whom concerned, as far as I know :slight_smile:

That’s a really good idea. Worth doing from a workflow point of view anyway.

Cheers Vincent. :+1:

Absolutely!

In many cases, you’ll have difficulties to access some content, because of an interaction, because of a hidden state, because… reasons. Or when it’s about updating the content of many slides, or the content of many tabs. So when you’re in that situation, make those content symbols, and lay the symbols on a private page, you’ll be able to update the content with ease and quickly. A good example is that form in a popup modal… a pain to make it appear before being able to edit anything.

This is a good workflow for you, but also for your clients, especially for your clients. What can be difficult for you can be impossible for your client. For example, if I want my client to edit slides and tabs, I always produce a series of symbols and make them available on a dashboard page for my clientS.

Excellent. One of those why didn’t I think of that moments.

Thanks again.

If you click in the middle of the warning, it should move to the top of the page :slight_smile:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/JruwB7zv

1 Like

Doh! It totally does. Just not that apparent.

1 Like

You’re right! That works. While creating a master page just for symbol editing is also a great idea, it shouldnt be necessary to add this step just to have to edit a footer. I dont even see the need for this popup.

The click trick is great, but I had to come to the forums to learn about it. Perhaps Webflow should make the cursor a pointer rather than the default to imply clickability, revealing the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.