Dynamic List from Collections as UL

Hey all,

I’m working on a new website for a school (I haven’t optimized it for tablet or phones yet) and I wanted to make a searchable teacher directory so that parents could easily search for their child’s teacher and contact them.

I found a great tool in list.js and I even got it working in Webflow (You can search by name, building, and, title). It’s great because it’s a live search and works very smoothly.

In order to make this work for the school though, they need to be able to populate it using collections since duplicating list items for over 100 teachers would be timely and also hard to maintain.

However, a dynamic list doesn’t render as a ul, so when I tried to use it with collections I get no functionality. You can see that page here:

EDIT: I changed it to a list so I could get a fuctionality preview for the client.
http://chickasha-website.webflow.io/teacher-directory

Forgive me that I haven’t styled the button or input yet.

Any ideas on how to make this work in Webflow using collections or am I just SOL? Please help!!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

2 Likes

Hey @rileyrichter I’m able to get this working. Just give the dynamic list node a class of “list”. The script is looking for this class name.

3 Likes

Good catch, @nate! I put that on the list wrapper and moved it down and have the functionality working now. This is going to make life easy. I appreciate the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.