Dynamic Form Redirect Links

I design a lot of landingpages. Many companies use landingpages to showcase downloads (whitepapers, brochures, etc) which can be downloaded after filling out a contact form (to collect contact information). Many of these landingpages (if not, all) need seperate thank-you pages for each of the landingpages. Now, for many of these sites, I create these landingpages using CMS.

Using CMS, I can’t set custom Redirect URLs for each contact form in the Template pages. Only 1 static redirect url is available for each form. I imagine, it would be a fairly small addition in the Webflow form settings to make the Redirect URL a dynamic field. Which would mean, we can insert a thank-you URL in the CMS item, and grab choose to use that URL in the form Redirect settings.

I made a wishlist item for this feature;

https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-1160

We really need this!

I’ve seen many people requesting this feature on the forum, including;

@Damon_Daisley_Wilson, @cjroe, @KarlMyrvang, @Sebasgaes, @Kristian_Widjaja

12 Likes

@rowan Your description captures my situation exactly. Have you (or anyone else affected by this limitation) found a workaround or even a way to customize the Success Message with reference to the CMS item?

1 Like

@rowan Using a url from the CMS Item for the direct url field on a form is a great idea.

@eburnett You can customize the Success Message easily. For example include a text field in the CMS Item for the Success Message and link that to the paragraph. Then you an even go a step further and add a button that is either defined by the CMS Item or conditional based on a field in the CMS Item.

This would be the basic idea.

Thanks @matthewpmunger! Those are helpful ideas and ones I hadn’t thought of - appreciate the response and ideas. I’m also looking into custom javascript to unbind the webflow form handling, grab the slug out of the url and provide a custom action using that slug.

If you really want to add some personality to the form success try adding an image, GIF, or video.

1 Like

This is awesome, how can it be that i didn;t think of this!!!
www.hebbeding.com is a live webshop now!!!

@rowan Hi! If you still need help with that, here is my solution with custome code. So you need to set attributes to the form and this is how you can do it. Hope it will help!

3 Likes

Hey Igor! I tried using your code but it didn’t redirect for me after I submitted the form on the published site!

@Hunter_Reynolds
Thank you for trying my method! Try to set the “sign-in-form” id not to the Form block, but the Form itself (which is inside the form block). And also it may require cleaning the From Block ID (I did’t test actually)

Hope that will help!

2 Likes

Aha! You were exactly right, thanks a lot Igor!

1 Like

Can someone help me? I want to create 3 different re-direct links based on their form selections.

I’m using this form from webflow: https://webflow.com/website/Webflow-Onboarding-Form-Clone?rfsn=1238427.48b8d&subid=onboardform

Thanks!

what is .attr igor??..Please help…

Sorry for late reply. Hope it is still relevant.

.attr is a Jquery function to set an attribute to a specific element. In this way you can rewrite default Webflow settings and add redirect link with Custom Code

@Igor_Voroshilov had exactly the same thought; only difference was I used plain JS i.e.

const form = document.getElementById(<form-id>);
form.setAttribute("redirect", url);
form.dataset.redirect = url;

This updates the attributes on the form element correctly (I can see them on inspection after page load) however on form submission it redirects to the original redirect URL set in Webflow :frowning:

Wondering if they’ve updated their implementation since last year :thinking:

Have you got this working recently by any chance? :crossed_fingers:

Thanks!

Dan

So helpful, thank you so much

It is so necessary, we need it