[Resolved] Designer tool is not saving changes

I’ve been having the same troubles. I contacted support and they said that they have been made aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

I was working on my first site so, I kept powering through and trying different things thinking I was doing stuff wrong. Glad to know it’s not just me :slight_smile:

Any indication of an estimated time to have this resolved?

A fix is in process. We’ll be pushing the fix live ASAP.

Again, thank you so much for your patience while we resolve this issue.

4 Likes

Hey everyone. This is Dustan, an engineer at Webflow. I’m the engineer working on fixing this issue. I understand this must be frustrating, and I’m here to help. Whilst we have a thorough engineering and quality assurance process, sometimes things fall through the cracks. It’s a seven character change. We did revert to an earlier deploy so you should be safe again now, and we’re sending those seven little characters through the ringer right now to ensure you are back up and running. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that something was amiss and your grace as we get this fix deployed.

9 Likes

It’s working for me, Dustan! Thanks for your and the team’s efforts!

2 Likes

The fix is now live. If there you are still running into issues, please let us know.

3 Likes

Much appreciated @iamdustan and @PixelGeek :fist:

1 Like

@PixelGeek This is happening for me again this morning. I tweeted at you guys last night and it seemed to be resolved for the rest of the night, but am seeing it again this morning.

EDIT: Same deal, when I hover on objects in the designer I get the blue outline, but when I click on them it disappears, it appears I can make style updates, but they don’t save.

i tested it and i’m not seeing any bugs:
CloudApp

and just to make sure, did you clear your cache and try using an incognito mode window?

@PixelGeek Yea, I cleared cache, but just tried again and in incognito, still happening in both scenarios.

EDIT: I can click on stuff until I actually change something in the design panel. Once I make a change the blue outline on any object disappears and the change doesn’t save.

can you please post your read-only link?

@PixelGeek Here you go:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/surplus-giant?utm_source=surplus-giant&preview=6ae18794523d5d1e6cf0ad0af8e6ba14

I made a copy of your project onto my account and made changes:
CloudApp

the bug didn’t happen. Can you try duplicating your site and trying again?

@PixelGeek yea, I cloned the site and tried again. Here is a recording:

https://drive.google.com/a/andalsoagency.com/file/d/1pTPYlHdfYJDRvjcLwcbPX4vpOygvEET6/view?usp=sharing

Weirdly this only seems to be happening when editing gradients so far. I’m able to change the text like you did in your example, and it seems fine. However, when I change any gradient the issue pops back up and the changes don’t save. If I then change a different object (not gradient) it seems to work again without refreshing.

I haven’t tested anything else yet, but seems consistent with gradient backgrounds.

Hi @sam-g

We’ve been doing some testing on this end, but still aren’t able to get a repro on this behavior, which makes it a difficult to troubleshoot. If you are still seeing this behavior on your end, can you send me a screen recording of what you see (CloudApp or Quicktime work well)?

​Thanks in advance!

@Brando Here is a screen recording, showing an update to the H1 followed by trying to change the background gradient, which is what seems to be triggering the issue:

https://cl.ly/62aa50e7a7b9

You can see the selection boxes disappearing after I make the change to the background. And when I reload the designer the text change is still there, but the gradient has reverted back to black.

@Brando @PixelGeek Any update here? I just checked this again this morning and it’s still occurring for me.

Hi @sam-g,

Thanks for contacting us about this, as this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

I tried reproducing this behavior on our end, and I was able to note the same issue.

We’ve gone ahead and let our engineers know about this issue. Though I do not have a timeline on when a fix will be available, I’ll definitely let you know as soon as possible.

:webflow_heart: Thanks in advance for your patience :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @mistercreate