[Resolved] Designer tool is not saving changes

Yep, lots of bugs right now. Publishing updates doesn’t update either.

Yeah, I’m getting all sorts of strange behavior as well. Things are not saving, can’t click and edit on elements, etc. It’s very annoying…

1 Like

thanks everyone for the heads up. I have reached out to the engineers to see where the root issue is. Once I have an update, I’ll reply back immediately.

2 Likes

Thanks, Nelson. Will keep commentary focused here. I love the new crash reporter interface. VERY smart.

2 Likes

We’ve found the issue and are working on a fix immediately. Thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

Just going to echo the same from my end…super buggy today. Of course this happens when I have a tight delivery date on a landing page.

Using Safari Version 12.0.1 (14606.2.104.1.1) | macOS 10.14.1 (18B75) | MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

2 Likes

Same here. Thought it was my site as I had just done a bunch of work. Then I checked out all my other sites, tried a few different browsers, a different computer, etc. Thanks so much for getting on this!

I’ve been having the same troubles. I contacted support and they said that they have been made aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

I was working on my first site so, I kept powering through and trying different things thinking I was doing stuff wrong. Glad to know it’s not just me :slight_smile:

Any indication of an estimated time to have this resolved?

A fix is in process. We’ll be pushing the fix live ASAP.

Again, thank you so much for your patience while we resolve this issue.

4 Likes

Hey everyone. This is Dustan, an engineer at Webflow. I’m the engineer working on fixing this issue. I understand this must be frustrating, and I’m here to help. Whilst we have a thorough engineering and quality assurance process, sometimes things fall through the cracks. It’s a seven character change. We did revert to an earlier deploy so you should be safe again now, and we’re sending those seven little characters through the ringer right now to ensure you are back up and running. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that something was amiss and your grace as we get this fix deployed.

9 Likes

It’s working for me, Dustan! Thanks for your and the team’s efforts!

2 Likes

The fix is now live. If there you are still running into issues, please let us know.

3 Likes

Much appreciated @iamdustan and @PixelGeek :fist:

1 Like

@PixelGeek This is happening for me again this morning. I tweeted at you guys last night and it seemed to be resolved for the rest of the night, but am seeing it again this morning.

EDIT: Same deal, when I hover on objects in the designer I get the blue outline, but when I click on them it disappears, it appears I can make style updates, but they don’t save.

i tested it and i’m not seeing any bugs:
CloudApp

and just to make sure, did you clear your cache and try using an incognito mode window?

@PixelGeek Yea, I cleared cache, but just tried again and in incognito, still happening in both scenarios.

EDIT: I can click on stuff until I actually change something in the design panel. Once I make a change the blue outline on any object disappears and the change doesn’t save.

can you please post your read-only link?

@PixelGeek Here you go:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/surplus-giant?utm_source=surplus-giant&preview=6ae18794523d5d1e6cf0ad0af8e6ba14

I made a copy of your project onto my account and made changes:
CloudApp

the bug didn’t happen. Can you try duplicating your site and trying again?