Designer left me high and dry

Hey, there. This is my first time in the forum. There’s a lot of information here!

We had a designer create our page and give us access to modify it. We were told we could just ad ?edit after our url to get into the edit feature. It works fine but I’m only able to change what’s already out there. I created an account on the Webflow site hoping I could get in there to edit my page, but I don’t see how or if that’s possible. Our webpage is mudhousecoffee.com.

I’ve reached out to our designer several times since she is the one who set up this account and built our initial, simple page but she’s not responding and I need to add elements to the page. I’m not able to do that with the ?edit editor.

Does anyone know how I can get into our page and have full editing capabilities?

Thanks!!

Welcome to the community @DerekMc!

It sounds like the designer who helped you build the site only gave you Editor access, but retained ownership of the site project itself. Currently, only the Webflow account that contains the site project has access to the Designer (which is where you have full control over the layout/elements within the site itself).

Unfortunately, the only way to get access to the Designer is to have the project transferred over into your Webflow account — something that needs to be initiated by the individual who built the site for you.

It’s possible the site could have been set up with CMS functionality that could allow you to add sections by creating Collection items within the Editor, but I would have no way to tell if that’s the case just by looking at the live site URL.

I’d recommend you continue reaching out to the designer you worked with and ask them to transfer the project into your own Webflow account (basically you just need to give them the email address you used when you signed up). This would remove them from the situation and allow you to have full control over the project.

The other option is to reach out to Webflow support, although I’d imagine in this situation they aren’t going to be able to do much without the designer’s involvement.

Sorry I can’t be of more help (most of us here in the forum are customers like yourself) but don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Good luck! :crossed_fingers:

@DerekMc - If you cant resolve this free to reach out. I could rebuild that in a jiffy and also fix the poor loading caused by oversized images.