Designer Lag / Unresponsiveness / Not Loading Pages

Hey @webflow,

For the past two days I’ve experienced extreme lagginess, unresponsiveness, and pages not loading within the designer.

Also - if I use Safari to access the designer, then all my Vimeo vids look like this:

This does not happen if I use Chrome. (And yes, I’ve added webflow.com to my Vimeo video privacy settings so I can see them in the designer and preview mode.)

Now… I’m not sure what’s going on, but this is extremely frustrating considering I’m trying to get some site pages ready for an ad campaign for my business.

My main concern is not the CDN.embedly.com issue, but rather the ridiculous lag.

Can I get some eyes on this, please?

Hi @anonmusic, thanks for the comments, the Webflow team is working to improve performance for large sites, sites with lots of classes, big images or lots of videos/images or dynamic elements being used on a site.

Some things that can help are:

1. Remove unused styles, symbols and pages
  2. Delete unused images,
  3. Limit the the use of videos/background videos and individual styles

Here too is an article that can help with some tips to improve performance: https://webflow.com/blog/how-to-boost-your-sites-performance

if the trouble persists, can you help to share the read-only link to the site, or send us an email to support@webflow.com and we can take a look at the site.

On the video issues, it is really hard to tell without a link to the published site, can you help to share that?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response, @cyberdave!

The published site is fine :wink: The issues only happen when I’m working on my site in the Designer.

It’s good to hear you guys are trying to improve the back-end for better performance!

I’ll admit… I’ve got a LOT going on in my project… so maybe I just need to implement some of these improvement tips and see if that helps.

I’ll keep ya posted!

Thanks,
Anon

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.