Delete form submissions?

Hi everyone!

I built a website in Webflow for the company that I work for. In the settings for the website, under Forms, I can see the form entries, including names and email addresses for people who applied for a demo. We want this data deleted pretty much as soon as Webflow sent the demo request to the assigned email address, due to privacy regulations.

I have two questions about that:

1. Is there a way to automatically not have Webflow keep the data? As soon as the mail is sent, the purpose of Webflow saving the form submissions is done. Otherwise, I have to do this frequently manually.
  2. If not, there is the ‘delete’ option. However, if I click that, it asks me if I want to delete the form, while I only want to delete the entries (the “delete all entries forever” makes me a bit anxious to click it). Is this the right button to delete the entries, and not the form itself?

Please note that I know there is a “hide form submissions” button. The issue is not that I can see the form submissions, but that Webflow saves them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @Tessa

There is not currently an option to delete the form data automatically, but choosing the button you mentioned only deletes the form entries. I deleted a test sites form entries so you can see yourself :slight_smile:

CloudApp

Maybe you could add this feature request to the Wishlist, so that users can choose whether to have Webflow save the data, or delete it automatically after a certain amount of time perhaps?

I do agree that the pop up saying “Delete this Form?” is a bit confusing. Maybe this wording could be changed to “Delete all form entries?” @Waldo

Hope that clears things up a little for you :smiley:

1 Like