Customizing Form Submit Action

@T-Fab speaking of silo’d users, im in that very boat! Webflow’s hosting is too expensive for my clients- so like many I pay for a lite plan and export code to be hosted elsewhere- webflow is great in many ways and not so great in this way when it comes to forms- i like how my form is styled and before i go off building that over again i figured let me see what the experts have to say

all im looking to do is have my form submit with a method=POST to a mailchimp target action (“https://algodesignlp.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe/post”) - so far every forum solution i’ve tried has failed -

whenever i submit the form - it generated a GET request -

i tried configuring the form block with the POST and action target per this guide

but -no dice this didn’t change anything

i’ve gotten as far as realizing that by having a Form Block in my code no matter what i do to change the method and post of the html form it gets superceded by webflow’s native form functionality which creates a GET request when i submit the form.

that’s where this script comes into play:

after adding this to the site footer - i get the alert popup for my custom action -woohoo no more GET requests that i couldn’t for the life of me figure out where they were coming from -

But this is where i get stuck - how do i have the submit function correctly POST the form data to the required action target.

i’m not entirely sure how i should go about that with the JS- sorry in advance as i am still a hatchling web developer and have been stumped by how to setup the JS.

is there an easy way to have the new form handling script just trigger the html <form "action="" method="post" ... > that i have setup in the html code of the form block?

Btw
@cyberdave i have tried using alt + inserting input text elements with no luck - see the img
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.51.12 PM

appreciate any advice in advance on how to get a simple form working on the exported site using the script

1 Like