Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Customer live chat suggestions

Hi,
I have a client that is already using Webflow, and they are asking me to add a chat feature for their clients to their site, as well as a dedicated page for chat and contact. Basically, I’m looking for suggestions that anyone has actually used and that will integrate well.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi @mhyusi

This is usually quite straightforward to add to a site. Choose your provider - there are many - Intercom, Chatra, and even Facebook Messenger and they will have a section on how to embed the widget in a site. Once installed, you just manage the chat within the provider’s interface.

In Webflow there is a choice to add code to the whole project (dashboard) or at page level (page settings) or within an embed element on the canvas.

Here’s some help if you went the FB messenger route:

You can also use the forum search (top right) if you hit any issues integrating a specific provider’s code.

Hope that helps

One of the most popular case of chat API usage nowadays is during live broadcasting, game streaming and using voice or video chats. Let’s have a look at the widely used APIs and their common features.

For live chats during broadcasting is the most well-known is YouTube Chat API. As for games, chat API are used mostly for communication. Here, we certainly need to mention Twitch API chat messages and references (badges, emoticons and etc.), Steam and Discord Official API. Each of them, can be freely implemented in your service.

As for usual messaging, there are tend to be more competitors like voice-chatting or video-calls. They are considered to bring more personalization for each networking experience. It’s less time spent and more efficient either for offering products for clients or communicating with co-workers. If you have an intention to adjust video or voice chat API for your purposes, better to try MirrorFly, Sendbird, or many others.
Still you need more information please explore here https://bit.ly/3dJxmij

I would like to suggest another one real time chat of MirrorFly is the experts in offering messaging, video & voice call application with an advanced option. It is the popular choice for the people who prefer voice call api android. This company is committed to offering powerful voice calling across verticals. Even this will empower the voice communication app’s performance. MirorFly understands everyone needs and uses advanced technology to unparallel the Network Scalability on Web, Android, iOS, etc. Especially this will deliver high-quality voice & video chat feature.

To know more details of real time solution providers : https://blog.contus.com/in-app-chat-api-for-enterprise-business/

Hi Mike,

Adding a live chat is pretty easy. You need to choose a chat tool (there are lots out there). I’m currently using Moment. Still pretty new, but they have session recording as well and is CRM software.

Came across their tutorial: https://www.momentcrm.com/blog/live-chat-webflow/

It’s free to use and register!