Custom Ecommerce Fields not able to link on Product template page

For some reason the custom field items I create for my ecommerce products won’t show up in the dropdown selection for linking on the product template page? Can someone explain why this is happening?? How do I fix this?

You’ll see in my screenshot examples I create a ‘Design Details’ custom field. Then I go to the template page to link it, but it’s absolutely nowhere to be found.

@HuesOfHodges i’d assume this is because you’re using a rich text field and you’re trying to link it to a text block or paragraph element. I can’t say %100 for sure from the screenshots, but that seems to be what’s happening. A rich text field only show up in the list when you’re trying to link it to a rich text element. You can’t link it to a paragraph or a text block.

3 Likes

I love you so much. Thank you SOOOO MUCH. That was it. Didn’t know that before! Good to know! Thank you so so so much. -insert virtual hug- been smacking my head against the keyboard for too long. hahaha

1 Like

Haha! I’m glad we were able to figure it out for you :slight_smile: . We’re here to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks too!

Wish this was a little more apparent, but makes sense!

And thanks to the OP for asking !

@blueprint.red aww, you’re welcome!