Custom Domain - A record name cannot be @?

On the tutorial it says to make the A record name ‘@’, but my hosting provider shows that a zone name must be domain name. Is it the same thing? So in other words an A record Name should be myDomain.com. and not @. Can anyone verify?

I just spend several hours last weekend to find an answer to that question for myself :sweat_smile:

So YES, myDomain.com. is correct.

And for the CNAME record do not forget the dot at the end of proxy-ssl.weblfow.com. like I did :wink:

Yes. Every DNS host handles things differently. Some require nothing, some require @, some require the whole domain.

As @johanneskain mentioned some providers also require a trailing dot at the end of records.

Yes, after testing and giving it time to propagate, I can safely say that if your hosting provider doesn’t allow @ as the A record Name, just means you have to use myDomain.com. ← with that period at the end! And without the ‘www’. The CNAME is where you use www.myDomain.com.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.