CSV Upload "Upload failed. We couldn’t find a delimiting character. Usually that’s a comma or table cell."

Hi Team

When trying to upload data from CSV it gives the following error:

“Upload failed. We couldn’t find a delimiting character. Usually that’s a comma or table cell.”.

I tried making the data as simple as possible, e.g. 3 rows containing “one, two, three”, saved it as shown in the video, but still comes back with the error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 Likes

I got this same error. I downloaded a google sheet as a CSV and tried to upload it and it’s telling me it can’t find a delimiting character. Any ideas?

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I’ve saved an excel file as csv but webflow is giving me the same upload failed message. I’ve just got 1 column of 8 cells that I’m testing on. Did you find out what was causing this?

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

1 Like

Yes. I am also having this problem. CSV generated by Excel.

1 Like

Anyone from webflow can help us pls
@PixelGeek is there a @webflowHELP user , who is best to reference in here, the askSerge can no longer be found ;(
thxs

I recommend you create a couple of records in a collection then download the CSV by exporting
the collection. You will see the structure. You can check your existing file against it.

If you open a CSV with Excel, don’t convert the file to Excel format. Leave it as it is.

Check your CSV file for errors with https://csvlint.io/ fix them and then upload.

1 Like

Was getting the same error every time my CSV had one column. Everything worked when uploading 2+ columns of data. There’s definitely an issue with importing one table column.

3 Likes

Still encountering this issue. I downloaded a one column Google Sheet as a csv and I cannot import it to Webflow.

“Upload failed. We couldn’t find a delimiting character. Usually that’s a comma or table cell.”

Going to take webdev’s advice to see if that works.

@Paul_Jauregui is correct - a solution is to add a second column filled with any character or word (I just put a space character), export as csv, import to Webflow CMS, then simply “Do not import” the second column.

Webflow, please accommodate importing one column CSVs.

My lord. Maddening. Webflow, please fix this error message for one-column CSV uploads, or accommodate them.

This happens when your CSV file has only one clumn, duplicate the first column and it will upload.

2 Likes