CSS and webflow

several questions about using css with webflow

1. Is there a way to easily see what the css code is when I click on a class?

2. Is there a way to change/alter the css code for each class that I created?

3. It would be nice if I can click on a class and find out which element is using that class, is this possible? …and not the other way around ie. I can click on an element and see the class but other way would be nice too.

All of these things IMHO would be such a valuable feature. I’m currently having issues where these features could come in handy.

Hi @bpark73 I can answer your questions:

Is there a way to easily see what the css code is when I click on a class?

What do you mean when you click on a class? In the style manager? Or in the style panel? Currently when you click on an element in the canvas, the style panel shows up. Every CSS property in that class (if that element you selected has a class) is blue and all inherited CSS properties are orange. So when you see blue - you’re pretty much seeing the CSS for that class.

Is there a way to change/alter the css code for each class that I created?

The whole point of Webflow is to code visually using the UI. You use the UI to add and remove CSS code to the classes. What code do you want to add that’s missing in the UI?

It would be nice if I can click on a class and find out which element is using that class, is this possible? …and not the other way around ie. I can click on an element and see the class but other way would be nice too.

At the moment you can only select the element and see what class it has and then you can click on the eyeball under the selector to see all the other elements that class applies to. We want to add the ability to hover over classes in the style manager and see what elements have that class, but there’s not ETA on that feature.