Crossed out "Body" parameters

Why when I choose body element (without any classes) I see crossed out parameters? What does it mean?

Hello @bro-design,

That means that the value is overwritten by a more specific selector. So I guess on your case, you can’t apply all body pages settings to your rich text element because the rich element settings are more specific. I hope that answers your question.

@Pablo_Cortes, but by logical on screen I choose primary BODY settings, right? I don’t understand where or what could overwrite these primary settings?

@bro-design, I think the rich element comes with different elements, so to have it all consistent you have to check the all paragraphs tag, the all headings tag, not just your body tag.

@Pablo_Cortes, can you see please and show on screenshot in what problem there?
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/testttttttfdsf?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=testttttttfdsf&preview=382ac8928cbe4a891b49388c91c489e1&mode=preview

@bro-design I don’t understand your question though. Do you want to reset your values for body? because you have body2 as the more specific value. You can reset it by clicking on the crossed out selector like in the picture below

@bro-design @Pablo_Cortes this is a recent bug. At least a variation on it. I reported this a couple of days ago and I’m pretty sure others have had the same issue. Feel free to report this as well.

1 Like

Thanks @sarahfrison , I wasn’t aware of the bug, so what does the bug interfere with? the ability to modify classes is they are crossed out?

@Pablo_Cortes yes, it’s overriding the value. I had this happen with combo classes as well as the ‘all’ classes, all h2 headings etc. It’s overriding that ability to style a general class when a specific one is set. In my case, it was taking the style settings from an ‘h2’ class I had created, rather than the ‘all h2 headings’.

1 Like

I see how that could be a problem @sarahfrison. I hope it is fixed soon. Sorry about that @bro-design, but you can still style your content for each individual element.

1 Like

@Pablo_Cortes I mean that don’t understand how reset to default state:

I understand now @bro-design, and now we know is because of a bug, thanks @sarahfrison. Hopefully the bug will be solved soon.

@Pablo_Cortes I know, just I used to make everything work perfectly)) This is old project, and for fix this bug I just start all from blank page. Thanks all :v::blush:

1 Like

we are experiencing the same issues.

@dreweastmead have you been able to report the issue? That always helps the webflow team working on this to see what’s going on.

Hi, @bro-design!!

Ben here with the Webflow Customer Support Team! Thanks so much for reporting this. @sarahfrison is correct, this is a known issue that the team is working on resolving.

I can’t provide a timeline for when a fix will be available, but someone from the team will reach back out as soon as we know more.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to assist you further!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.