Creating marketplace with 2 users

hey guys -

I am trying to build a platform that has 2 kinds of users:

1. allows artists to upload music and sell merch

2. allows users to search for music and discover those artists

this means different areas/features/permissions for both users

any suggested integrations? (Memberstack doesn’t support this)

aka having 2 users (similar to a marketplace)?

thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @Asher_Fishman , Memberstack offers this. You can take a look here:

Hey thanks for the reply!

Memberstack doesn’t support a two-sided platform.

You can’t just use Memberstack to achieve this. Two sided Marketplaces has been done on Webflow, e.g. Unicorn Factory made by Connor Finlayson. There is a video where he talks about briefly on how to get started, using a combination of Webflow, Memberstack, Airtable & Zapier.

This should be a self-hosted project. I would recommend Coffee Cup’s site designer, Pinegrow or Wappler. These are desktop applications designed for advanced designers building multi-level processes for a front end user. The back end is where you will build all of those variables. A hosted software won’t accomplish this. Check these three out, you’ll see what I mean after reviewing the feature list. You’ll need a number of databases to manage user levels, etc. Wappler will be the most flexible because you can build and connect directly inside the app.

Hope that helps. See ya :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d checkout tangram.co they are built for Webflow-powered 2-sided marketplaces just like this.

You can use any Webflow template or cloneable with it and they start at $125/mo

@imtiazraqib just wanted to clarify that Memberstack focuses on enabling Webflow developers seamlessly add memberships, auth, and payments to their Webflow sites, but we currently do not support allowing those members to sell to one another as @Asher_Fishman needs. For this use case we would also suggest trying out @Tangram.co.

If you’re interested in creating an online marketplace using Webflow, I invite you to explore the article “Build a Marketplace with Webflow
In the article, you’ll find detailed guides and tips on building an effective and stylish web marketplace using Webflow tools.