"Could not get page"

Tremendous bug: “COULD NOT GET PAGE”.

If I open a page in designer and want to open the “Home” page, this error appears. Also if I load other page it appears incorrectly.

Why does this happens?

I have to present the site to client tomorrow and can’t finish it because of this! I hope that this is solved rapidly or I’ll request a money payback.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/visaopura?utm_source=visaopura&preview=ff67962eb5df9bed24e61cb3b7bd4c2c

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Had to delete the latest page and rebuild it again.
I seriously think that a backup mechanism should be implemented, so that it would be possible to restore a latest “safe” version of the site.
While this isn’t possible there’s a serious risk of losing an entire site.
Still don’t know what was the reason for the bug to occur, but this is not quite satisfying and a serious issue when considering a plan renewal.
More than a nice designer tool, it’s important to have a SAFE designer tool.

Hi @Mauricio_C_G_Pereira,

Thanks for posting receiving the “Could not get page” message. This definitely sounds like odd behavior.

Currently, there is a way to use backups of your site. You may restore previously saved backups of your Webflow site by using the built-in Versions feature: Save & restore backups | Webflow University

Also, you may copy/paste from your Versions by clicking on the “Preview” button of the version you would like to use, and copy the elements from that version into your current project:
CloudApp

If this issue occurs again, can you please try the following:

Please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Image 2018-04-10 at 12.28.2...

Thanks in advance :bowing_man:

1 Like

Thanks @mistercreate, yet I think that it should be created other way to control backups.
Notice that I was working in 2 pages, after I made changes in those 2 pages the error occurred, so I don’t know what could have happened, and so I lost the changes I made even though they could have not been the cause.
In fact I don’t know what to suggest, but I think that should have someway to control backups manually, or have access to the code!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.