Connecting CMS categories to a dropdown menu

Can I link a dropdown component to a collection template I created?
I have a list of categories that needs to go under a general link in the menu.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi.

You can put a dynamic list in your dopdown and link it to the category collection. Add a text link in the dynlist item and set it up as a link tot he category template where you put a dynamic list showing posts filtered by category.

3 Likes

Hi there, I did this on this site, as Vincent says - so, yes you can!

The ‘Blog Categories’ and ‘Blog Authors’ are pulled from the CMS - including the Blog Author thumbnails.

Regards - Kai

1 Like

Hi @Keejo could you please explain me how did you create the dropdown to collections.

The only problem I need the dropdown outside the nav bar

Thanks in advance

Hi @carlos94587 - Yeah sure! No problem… You can drag in a Dropdown component anywhere on the page; inside or outside the nav bar and it will work the same. Just add a dynamic list inside the ‘Dropdown List’ and add a Link Block to connect to your collection:

Hope you get it working!
Regards Kai

Excellent, thank you so much

and if the menu is large, you need to create a lot of collections, and their number is limited, how to get around it?

I had struck with the same problem, but found it was a little tricky, so i made a video so that it could be helpful for others struck with the same issue. Here is the Webflow : cms enabled dropdown

1 Like

sorry but current versions of WF say ‘collection list’ not ‘dynamic list’ it would be super helpful to update these posts to include up to date info so i don’t have to spend hours fiddling with something that will never work anyway, because the instructions are out of date?