Columns in Notable template

Hello wonderful Webflow community!

I hope you are all doing good!

I have a question regarding the Notable template. I am new to this but did HTML quite extensively about 20 years ago (yeah, a long time ago). Now I was trying to understand the template and I think I know my way around by now, but I do not get the following:

In the Navigator, besides the “top post”, I can see three other “post” items: “3 posts”, “latest posts” and “featured posts”. You you see the website, “3 posts” is three posts wide, “latest …” is four posts wide, “featured …” is two posts wide.

So my question: Where is it defined that the “3 posts” is three posts wide, the “latest …” is four posts wide and the “featured …” is two posts wide? I cannot find this.

Better said: I found the columns setting (under “layout”) in the “Posts collection list wrapper” and “Posts collection list” is set to three in “3 posts” (and respectively to two in “featured …”…) but it does not do anything if I change these to any other setting like two or four columns. Nothing at all.

Only setting that does change something/work is the “full width” setting (the rightmost of the columns buttons).

What am I missing here? I feel quite stupid by now…

I did not find anything in the forum and I’m on Safari, Mac.

Thanks and all the best, Christobal

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

@Christobal ~ Welcome to the community! If you wouldn’t mind sharing your "Read-Only"we can take a look to get a better understanding. Here’s how to share it: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Hello Danny!

Thanks. Here it is. But it is just the template, nothing altered…
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/christobals-fantastic-site?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=christobals-fantastic-site&preview=7d72a6a1702a6ec6a405b2669d49fce4&workflow=preview

Best, Christobal

@Christobal ~ I’m attaching 2 pics to help you navigate. When you enter the settings for the collection columns, you should be able to change it there; however, it’s strange that it’s not letting me. Did you try changing it there?

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 2.55.15 PM

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 2.51.00 PM

Hello Danny!

Yes I did. It does not work. The 2, 3, 4, 5 columns button do not respond. Only the right-most button works (full width).

Best, Christobal

@Christobal ~ Sorry for the delay. I get on the Forum when I can. :slight_smile:

So I’m going to have to throw in the towel on this one. Somehow the collection is locked:

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 9.22.04 PM

I don’t know how this is even done. :thinking: If you create the same collection with the same settings it works.

Hello Danny! Hope you had a great holidays and a nice New Years eve! Thanks for the answer and sorry for the late reply (holidays…). I try to contact the Webflow guys and ask them if this is a bug. It seems so… Best, Christobal

The wonderful Webflow support just solved the problem: There is a width set on the collection item (eg in “3 posts”, on the “3 collection item” it is set to 33%) remove this or change it. Best, Christian

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.