Collection Filter Not Alphabetical?

Not sure if this is a bug or something that wasn’t thought of as a feature and thus a suggestion:

I’m using a multi-reference dynamic collection for the use of ‘Tags.’ I have 100s of tags for blog posts/articles and sometimes I’d like to filter posts by certain tag.

This seems simple enough to do in the collection’s settings until I realize that the list ISN’T alphabetical?

Please please please tell me this is not intentional or how can I reorder my tags so that they show up alphabetically in settings?

Thanks a mil!

Hi @n3tworth

The next option after ‘add filters’ is ‘sort order’ - that should do the trick? Or do you see something different?

Stu

1 Like

Sorry, I must have worded this improperly.

I don’t actually want to sort the collection list items. I just want to be able to see the multi-reference items alphabetically.

I have added at least 100 items to a collection called “Tags” and when I pull this information to use it as a filter, the options aren’t alphabetical…as seen in the above graphic. This makes it EXTREMELY time consuming to filter a list by Tag.

1 Like

Ah, I see what you mean…

If you go into the tags collection in the CMS, and click on the ‘name’ column, that sorts them alphabetically there…does that reflect in the filter list or are they still in random (maybe date created) order?

@Brando or @vincent - any ideas on this one - it’s not about displaying on the page, but about the designer being able to select from a list in a particular order on the filter.

1 Like

Hi @n3tworth

Thanks for posting about this, and thanks for pinging me on this @StuM!

I did a few tests and it looks like this is a limitation — there isn’t a way to make those reference field filter items show up in alphabetical order at this time.

That said, I’ve gone ahead and created an internal enhancement request to get this filter dropdown alphabetized to make selecting tags faster / simpler.

I don’t have an ETA on when this update will be pushed, but I’ll post back here when I have more info.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Awesome! Glad I can call some attention to this.

Thanks so much for your continued efforts!

1 Like

That’s a cool suggestion! Would have been super cool if it worked too :sunglasses: especially since I looked and I actually have nearly 700 tags that I have to comb through for whenever I want to filter by Tag :sweat:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.