CodeMode for Webflow - Chrome Extension

Hey y’all! I just launched a new chrome extension that makes it easier to write code in the designer, without any distractions. Get it here :point_down:

If anyone encounters any bugs or has any suggestions on how to make it better, please let me know! :blush:

11 Likes

WOW :slight_smile: looks great (This idea should be built into webdlow).

One issue - if you click on </> when page setting is open this is the result (The code window cut in the middle).

1 Gear icon open page setting ==> 2 open extension.

1 Like

Thanks Ezra, I’ll fix that!

Nice :+1:

1 Like

Really cool feature. nice done

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for something like this!!! THANK YOU!!! This should be built directly into Webflow.

1 Like

Also when the window is active - the shortcut ctrl+a (select all) - is buggy (Windows/Chrome).

1 Like

Hey Ezra, I recently pushed an update that fixes the shortcut bug. You should be able to update the extension to fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@thekevbot I’m getting some emails from people telling me that your CodeMode link to the Chrome store is no longer working. Clicking the link in your original post and indeed it is broken. Do you have an updated link for everyone?

@CrisDrit yes, due to a system error the extension was mistakenly taken down. I’m in the process of getting it fixed and back up asap

1 Like

The extension is back online :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @thekevbot!

This is an essential tool for an efficient workflow.
No more nightmares due to the default implementation.

Glad you find it helpful @Marius1989 !

1 Like

this works for static pages but not template pages for me - comes up blank
this a bug?

Wow his is great! did webflow hire you yet? Lets get this native on platform!

I’m curious, are you working to view code as well, as to compare it with whats designer? For example Hero Section class and all its children’s elements.

Yes, this is a bug - thanks for reporting it!

Thanks, glad you’re enjoying the extension :slight_smile:

Can you elaborate on what you mean about comparing code?

@thekevbot
Thanks for feedback and replying.

I should be more specific.
I would absolutely love to view Designer Canvas and HTML code side by side.

For example suppose left was designer and right was HTML:

no worries
please let me know when you get the chance to fix it
great extension :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow, interesting :thinking: What would the use-case for that be? Just curious