CMS pop up within CMS

Hey everyone,

I’m creating a job board section for a client that allows users to click a button on a job card and see a pop-up modal with a description for that job. The problem I’m having is that when I click on a “learn more” button for one job, the pop-up for every job appears - I have to x out of all them before I can return to the main screen.

The content on the pop is dynamic. How can I set it so that when I click to learn more about a job, only the pop-up for that job appears? This has been driving me crazy so any help is much appreciated!

Read-only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/spectra-broadband?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=spectra-broadband&preview=797c1971434e96ff94da4787e805fa71&pageId=6160f7338e80ec5676c39422&workflow=preview

IO: Join the Team

Hi @mattzabierek, thanks for the good question.

I would change the structure a bit, put the job popup div into the same parent div as the orange button so that they are sibling elements:

Shared with CloudApp

Next update interaction so that each item you are targeting in the action timeline is set to only trigger for sibling elements:

Shared with CloudApp

This will prevent all the popups for each item to open at once, only the popup for that particular cms item will popup.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Seems to be working now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.