Here is my public share link: JSphotography
The structure of the CMS should be following
-NEW (limited to last 10 published photos from all photos)
-LITH (limited to a special type of photography, separate from THEMEN)
-THEMEN (a page with albums)
–Austria (each album has n-number of photos)
I have following problems which I am not sure how to solve:
Should I pack everything into one collection (like PHOTOS) and then label them somehow? If so then how?
How do I link the album-cover in THEMEN page with the galleries?
How to make it possible that the user can add a new album?
I may be able to help with 1 & 2 but not 3.
I suggest you use one CMS for photos and one for albums.
Photos CMS Fields:
- “Photo” = picture field
- “Name” = plain text
- “LITH” = Switch
- “Album” = Reference (to Albums CMS)
Album CMS Fields
- “Album Title” = Plain Text
- “Year” = Plain Text
- “Album Cover” = Reference (to the photo you want to use as the cover photo for the album)
NEW Page - “Photos CMS”
- Simply set “Sort Order” to “Newest to oldest” by whichever date you want
- Also, select the “Limit items” check box and type 10 in “Show”
LITH Page - “Photos CMS”
- Add “Filter” “LITH” to “is On”
THEMEN Page - “Albums CMS”
- “Sort order” “Year”, Reverse alphabetical (Z-A)
Album Template Page - Add “Photos CMS”
- “Filter” “Album” Equals “Current Album”